Some days ago I stumbled across this website, which checks if your installed Sublime plugins are compatible with Sublime Text 3. As all of mine were already compatible I made the switch. Nevertheless I had to spend some time migrating, because there are some differences in setting up Sublime’s snippets and SublimeLinter.
Disabling default snippets
By default Sublime has some snippets installed that you may find
useful. Personally I like to use my own, therefore I disable the
pre-installed ones. In Sublime Text 2 this could be done by deleting
the snippets from the
Packages folder. Unfortunately
updates reverted those changes.
Sublime Text 3 handles its internal snippets differently. They are now stored directly as bundled packages inside of the main app, but can be overwritten by adding a snippet with the same name in the Packages folder. To extract all snippets of a language there is a package called PackageResourceViewer, which is available in Package Control. Simply install the package, search for the “PackageResourceViewer: Extract Package” command and choose the language with the snippets you want to edit or disable.
All files inside this package will now be copied to your Packages
~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/.
Now you can edit the pre-installed snippets and completions by
opening files with the extensions
.sublime-completions. Sometimes there are also some
completions stored as python files, for example
If you simply want to disable the default auto-completions, open these files and remove all content. Empty files are evaluated as if there is no snippet/completion. To benefit from future updates, I recommend deleting all other files that have been extracted to your Packages folder, as these are language definitions and settings.
To use jshint you have to install the
jshint to be installed
globally. If you use
nvm like I
do, you’ll also have to add your current node version to your PATH
in a .zshenv file, e.g.
Otherwise SublimeLinter won’t find jshint. There also is a path
setting for different operating systems in the new
SublimeLinter.sublime-settings file, but adding the
path there didn’t work for me.